Thursday, November 18, 2010

48 Hours...

...until we hit the road.

Well...give or take.  Any of you who know us know that we can never manage to leave for anything on time *cough*Geoff's fault*cough*.  Either way, in approximately 48 hours we will be hitting the road and heading to Texas.

I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am for this.  It will be our first real trip together (the farthest we've gone before is Vermont) and my first semi-cross-country drive.  Our plan is to leave on Saturday morning in our rental car and drive as far as we can.  We'll probably stop in Maryland or Virginia for the night and then drive all day Sunday and stop in Tennessee or Arkansas.  Monday we will drive until we reach our next stop...a town outside of Dallas, Texas.  Two of my best friends (married to each other!) live down there and have invited us to stay with them for the week of Thanksgiving.  It will be my first time spending Thanksgiving with friends and also my first time making a Thanksgiving dinner...so many firsts this week!

Erin and I have plans to drink wine and coffee while cuddled in our pajamas reading girly magazines.  Hello perfect week!  Thursday we will make a delicious dinner for our boys (while watching the Pats game...sorry Erin!) and then we'll eat until we can't eat anymore.  I plan on gaining about 10 pounds that day...I need to be warm this winter after all.  I can't wait to see my friends...they are two of my favorite people in the world and I could never put into words how much I miss them.  What's so great about Texas anyway you guys?

Friday afternoon we are driving to another part of Texas to stay with my Uncle Chris and Aunt Karen for the night.  I have not seen them in years and I'm very excited to get to spend some time with them as well.  While I wish that they lived closer so that I could visit with them more often, I'm thankful that we are able to make them part of our great Texas vacation.

Saturday we will leave bright and early for our next destination: Nashville, TN.  I'm a little (only a little!) embarrassed to admit it, but I am a country music fan.  Geoffrey on the other hand is decidedly not.  Unfortunately for him it is my birthday weekend so I got to choose the city and Nashville was easily my #1 choice.  We'll arrive at our hotel Saturday night and I made sure to find one that was located in a great part of town.  We are one block from the downtown bar scene and one block from the Ryman Auditorium, the former home of the Grand Ole Opry.  The night we arrive we will do some barhopping and the next morning we are going out to breakfast and then to a tour of the Ryman.  Johnny Cash exhibits for the win!!!

The rest of the trip will involve hurried driving and exhaustion trying to get back in time for work on Tuesday, but it will be so worth it I am sure.  We will try to take a lot of pictures (I am terrible at remembering to do this) and post them here for you all along with updates of our trip.  I can't wait to share our adventure with you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you!!!sounds like lots of fun.bandit and i will roam the grounds,im dropping him off at geoffs at 4 till sunday.love you. happy packing!

Lisa said...

Sounds like your having a great time already and cool car! Keep blogging! Love you both!